PULSE New Student Survey
The New Student Survey gathered feedback on the transition experience of incoming students to Penn State’s University Park campus. Results from the Fall 2019 administration of the survey reveal that:
- Overall, students are satisfied with their initial Penn State experience with 85.3% stating they would either "probably" or "definitely" choose Penn State again.
- Over half of the students feel a strong sense of belonging (58.8%) and felt strongly that Penn State is a welcoming community (73.0%).
- 67.4% who participated in New Student Orientation reported that it “substantially” or “extremely” influenced their familiarity with campus resources.
- A majority of students (80.9%) “somewhat” or “strongly” agreed that they are aware of the academic supports (e.g., Penn State Learning libraries, etc.) available on campus.
- Most students reported that they “somewhat agree” or “strongly agree” that they understand Penn State’s academic requirements (84.7%) and student course/student systems (92.3%).
For more information, visit the PULSE Archive Page to view or download the New Student Survey Report.