Student Care & Advocacy - Policies & Procedures
Emergency Response Policies & Procedures
Safety on our campuses and in our communities is everyone's responsibility. By recognizing and reporting behavior you believe to be a potential concern, you can help our community members get the assistance and services they might need.
Penn State's Behavioral Threat Management Team is committed to the safety and well-being of the University community. It exists to:
- Educate others to recognize risky or threatening behavior
- Increase awareness of potential threats and how to report and respond to them
- Identify trends that negatively affect the campus community
- Manage all referred incidents and other processes related to threat analysis
If a situation with a student arises or you have questions, concerns, or need more information, please do not hesitate to contact our office by phone at 1 (814) 863-2020 or by email at StudentCare@psu.edu. We are a small team and serve a large population of students and we strive to be as efficient and responsive as possible. Calling or emailing ahead will help us better serve you. For more emergent situations, please utilize any of the following crisis services:
- Emergency/Police/Ambulance: 911
- Centre County CAN Help 24/7 Mobile Crisis: 1 (800) 643-5432
- Call the 24/7 Penn State Crisis Line at 1(877) 229-6400
- Text the 24/7 Crisis Text Line:: Text “LIONS” to 741741
- Sexual Assault/Relationship Violence Line: 1 (800) 560-1637
- Childline- Child Abuse Reporting: 1 (800) 932-0313
Additional University policies regarding administration & safety in emergency situations are outlined below.