Submit Immunization Information
Immunization Submission Information
Below is information for how students can share their immunization information through myUHS.
Incoming students, please scroll down and follow the instructions for submitting ALL required immunization records.
Required Immunization Submission Process for Incoming Students
All incoming Penn State students must provide proof of immunization against measles, mumps, and rubella. In accordance with Pennsylvania state law, students living in on-campus housing must also provide proof of the meningococcal conjugate vaccine (Menveo, Menactra, MCV4), which protects against infections caused by serogroups A, C, W and Y.
Some students, such as student-athletes or students in certain health-related majors may be asked to submit immunization information. These students must also submit official immunization records using the process below.
- Meningococcal and MMR Immunization Submission
All immunization records MUST be in English.
3-step submission process:
- Obtain a copy of your official immunization record(s). You will need this information to accurately submit the dates of your immunizations online through myUHS.
- Log in to myUHS using your Penn State access credentials.
- Click on "View my clearances" to enter the dates of the required MMR and meningococcal conjugate vaccine.
- Upload an image or PDF file of your official immunization records and, if applicable, any positive antibody titer blood test results. For an explanation of what an "official immunization record" is, please visit the CDC's website on records.
For the protection of your health information, we CANNOT accept immunization records via email.
Immunization requirements are applicable to all undergraduate and graduate students at University Park and Commonwealth Campuses excluding World Campus and Great Valley. Immunization records only need to be submitted once. For questions or more information, visit University Health Services website.
If you do not meet Penn State’s immunization requirement(s), you will not be able to late add/drop for the current semester or register for future terms.
COVID-19 Immunization Submission
The University strongly urges all students to be immunized against COVID-19. Students who receive the COVID-19 immunization (primary and booster) should submit their records to the University through myUHS.
Sharing immunization information enables University Health Services to provide the best possible care to students when the need arises. We encourage students to upload COVID-19 immunization records to improve confidence in Penn State’s ability to provide a safe campus environment and to, potentially, exempt fully vaccinated students from certain health and safety protocols, such as quarantine.
- COVID-19 Immunization Submission
Please note: Even if your physician summary of your immunizations includes the COVID-19 vaccine, you will also need to upload your COVID-19 vaccine card separately.
How to submit:
- Login to myUHS using your Penn State credentials.
- Click on "Enter My COVID-19 Vaccination Information".
- Upload an image or PDF file of the immunization(s) card you received from the healthcare provider that administered your immunization.
- Enter your COVID vaccine dates.
- Click "done" to submit your information.
Penn State employees and World Campus students cannot upload vaccine records through myUHS. Please use SalesForce Health Cloud instead.
Frequently Asked Questions about Immunization Submission
- What should I do if I have problems uploading my immunization records through the secure myUHS portal?
First, make sure you are trying to upload an image file. We accept PNG, JPG, JPEG, and GIF image files and PDFs that are less than 4MB in size. You may also want to clear your browser cache and cookies or try using a different browser.
If you are not successful after implementing these fixes, contact us via email, and include the following information:
- Details of the error message you are receiving
- A screenshot (if possible)
- The name of the internet browser you are using (i.e. Explorer, Safari, Chrome, Firefox)
- Type of device (i.e. desktop computer, iPad, iMac, mobile phone)
- Also, please include your full name and Penn State ID#
- Where can I locate my "official" immunization records?
For guidance in determining where you can locate your “official” immunization records please visit the CDC "Find Records" webpage.
Please note: Records that are self-reported or unverified will not meet the requirement. If you are unsure if your records will meet Penn State’s immunization requirement, please upload your records through myUHS for review
- Do parents have access to myUHS to upload student vaccination information?
Access to University Health Services secure portal (myUHS), is for students only. Students will need to log in using their Penn State access credentials (User ID and password). Sharing student access information with anyone, including a parent, is against Penn State security policies.
- My immunization records are in a foreign language. Will the University accept these?
No. All documentation submitted for immunization compliance must be in English. Contact your health care provider for a translated copy.