Skip to main content
COVID-19 Support Get Urgent Help


Immunization Submission Information

Below is information for how students can share their immunization information through myUHS.

Incoming students, please scroll down and follow the instructions for submitting ALL required immunization records. 

COVID-19 Immunization Submission

The University strongly urges all students to be immunized against COVID-19. Students who receive the COVID-19 immunization (primary and booster) should submit their records to the University through myUHS. 

Sharing immunization information enables University Health Services to provide the best possible care to students when the need arises. We encourage students to upload COVID-19 immunization records to improve confidence in Penn State’s ability to provide a safe campus environment and to, potentially, exempt fully vaccinated students from certain health and safety protocols, such as quarantine. 

COVID-19 Immunization Submission

Please note: Even if your physician summary of your immunizations includes the COVID-19 vaccine, you will also need to upload your COVID-19 vaccine card separately. 

What to submit:

  1. Submit a photo or screenshot of your COVID-19 vaccine card.
  2. If the vaccine you received requires two doses, make sure your card lists both doses.
  3. Make sure your card is legible and written in English.
  4. Make sure your card includes the student's full name and date of birth, the type of vaccine, and the date(s) of administration.

How to submit:

  1. Login to myUHS using your Penn State credentials.
  2. Upload an image file of the immunization(s) card you received from the healthcare provider that administered your immunization. 
  3. Hit SAVE after you upload your image(s).

Troubleshooting: If your file won't upload, confirm it is an image file - not a .pdf file. Try reducing the size of the file and/or cropping the image.  

After you submit your record(s):

  1. Scroll to the bottom of the page to confirm your photo is visible.
  2. Confirm the text is legible in the photo.
  3. Check your messages in myUHS or watch for a secure email from myUHS for verification or issues. It may take up to 3-5 business dates for review and verification.

Wait to submit your immunization card until after receiving your final dose - two doses if you receive the Pfizer-BioNTech or Moderna COVID-19 immunization or one dose if you receive the Johnson & Johnson’s Janssen COVID-19 immunization.

Vaccine status is only available to University personnel directly involved in the COVID-19 response and mitigation efforts and to public health officials. We simply seek to understand how many of our students, faculty, and staff are vaccinated.

Penn State employees and World Campus students cannot upload vaccine records through myUHS. Please use SalesForce Health Cloud instead. 

Required Immunization Submission Process for Incoming Students

All incoming Penn State students must provide proof of immunization against measles, mumps, and rubella. In accordance with Pennsylvania state law, students living in on-campus housing must also provide proof of the meningococcal conjugate vaccine (Menveo, Menactra, MCV4), which protects against infections caused by serogroups A, C, W and Y.  

Some students, such as student-athletes or students in certain health-related majors may be asked to submit immunization information. These students must also submit official immunization records using the process below. 

Meningococcal and MMR Immunization Submission

All immunization records MUST be in English. 

To submit: log in to myUHS using your Penn State access credentials, and upload image files of your official immunization records and, if applicable, any positive antibody titer blood test results.  For an explanation of what an "official immunization record" is, please visit the CDC's website on records

For the protection of your health information, we CANNOT accept the immunization records via email.

Your uploaded documents are used to determine your compliance with Penn State’s immunization requirement(s).  Once we receive and review your uploaded documents, you will receive a message about your compliance status and if further action needs to be taken to meet the requirement(s).

Immunization requirements are applicable to all undergraduate and graduate students at University Park and Commonwealth Campuses excluding World Campus and Great Valley. Immunization records only need to be submitted once. For questions or more information, visit University Health Services website

If you do not meet Penn State’s immunization requirement(s), you will not be able to late add/drop for the current semester or register for future terms. 

Frequently Asked Questions about Immunization Submission

What should I do if I have problems uploading my immunization records through the secure myUHS portal?

First, make sure you are trying to upload an image file. We accept PNG, JPG, JPEG, and GIF image files that are less the 4MB in size. You may also want to clear your browser cache and cookies or try using a different browser.

If you are not successful after implementing these fixes, contact us via email, and include the following information:

  • Details of the error message you are receiving
  • A screenshot (if possible)
  • The name of the internet browser you are using (i.e. Explorer, Safari, Chrome, Firefox)
  • Type of device (i.e. desktop computer, iPad, iMac, mobile phone)
  • Also, please include your full name and Penn State ID#
Where can I locate my "official" immunization records?

For guidance in determining where you can locate your “official” immunization records please visit the CDC "Find Records" webpage. 

Please note: Records that are self-reported or unverified will not meet the requirement.  If you are unsure if your records will meet Penn State’s immunization requirement, please upload your records through myUHS for review

Do parents have access to myUHS to upload student vaccination information?

Access to University Health Services secure portal (myUHS), is for students only. Students will need to log in using their Penn State access credentials (User ID and password). Sharing student access information with anyone, including a parent, is against Penn State security policies.

My immunization records are in a foreign language. Will the University accept these?

No. All documentation submitted for immunization compliance must be in English. Contact your health care provider for a translated copy.

Explore in this Section
How to Submit Immunization Information