During the Fair
Career Programs, Events, & Fairs
What to Expect at Education Career Day
Be prepared for the career fair experience by understanding what you will experience
Over 300 opportunity seekers attend the career fair annually.
Popular organizations will often have lines. Be patient and wait or choose to return later.
Check the event app for updated cancellations or additions.
The fair and interviews run the length of the day. Lunch is not provided for students so prepare and pack or visit one of the Penn Stater's eateries on your own.
- Available Help
Need some help at the fair? Look for Career Services staff in blue polos to ask questions.
Organizations from across the country send recruiters to meet with candidates. Be confident in approaching a representative.
- Do your research. Find organizations you are interested in, learn about open positions, and the organization's mission.
- Ask for contact information. Show initiative and ask for business card so that you can follow-up after the fair. Career Services cannot provide this information to you.
- 'Apply Online' is not a brush off. Organizations need to keep track of who applies so take the next step of the recruiting process.
Interviewing at Education Career Day
Organizations can elect to interview candidates during Education Career Day.
When scheduling interviews, be mindful that recruiters can run behind schedule. If possible, avoid scheduling too many interviews back-to-back.
- Schools may opt to interview later or can be interviewing candidates for a later hire date.
- Interviews take place in different rooms at the venue. Make sure to ask the organization their interview location.
- Check-in for your interview at Interview Registration. This helps us communicate effectively with recruiters and keep everyone on schedule.
- Recruiters can get behind schedule. Check-in at Interview Registration for updates if needed and be patient when waiting.
Explore in this Section
During the Fair