Full-time U.S. Students
Penn State requires full-time U.S. students to submit their health insurance coverage information at the beginning of each academic year. If students do not have health insurance coverage, they will be able to note that on the form.
Fall 2020 open enrollment runs from May 1, 2020 - September 1, 2020. The LionPATH submission is now available for students to waive or enroll.
How to meet this requirement
Visit the Health Insurance page in LionPATH after registering for classes to enter your information.
- Log in to LionPATH.
- Navigate to the Health Insurance page.
- Under the current coverage year, select Waive.
- Follow instructions to either note that you do not have health insurance coverage or to provide policy details of your current coverage using the information found on your health insurance card.
Health Insurance Recommendations for U.S. Students
Penn State recommends your plan meet all of the criteria listed here. For more information on how to determine if your plan is adequate, visit our 5 Questions to Ask Your Health Insurance Provider page.
- Health insurance coverage is effective from August 13, 2020 – August 12, 2021
- Coverage does not have any limitations, waiting periods, or exclusions on pre-existing conditions
- Coverage has network doctors, specialists, hospitals, and other health care providers in the student’s Penn State campus area or where the student resides while attending Penn State
- Coverage for emergencies and non-emergency services such as diagnostic X-Ray and lab, physical therapy, urgent care visits, ambulance services, preventative vaccine, and prescription drug coverage
- Coverage for inpatient and outpatient hospitalization
- Coverage for inpatient and outpatient counseling and mental health services
- Coverage for recreational activities (excluding intercollegiate athletics)
- Coverage for maternity care (female students)