HPW Events & Programs
Join us for a wellness activity! Check out the opportunities below.
Join us once per month in the Wellness Suite, 20 IM Building, to use the arts and culture to promote mindfulness and community. These programs, designed in collaboration with Student Engagement Programs and The Center for Performing Arts, are meant to give you the space and permission to slow down and partake in some self-care. All activities are from 5:15 to 6:15 p.m. Here are the dates and activities this semester:
- October 21 – Portraits of Nature
- November 11 – Gratitude Bunting
- December 2 – Self-care boxes
Masks are required.
Mindful Monday Pause
Take a mindful pause and give yourself a break! Every Monday, starting September 13 we will share a different mindfulness tip, tool or skill to help you get grounded. Join us in Flex Theatre Mondays from 11:10 to 11:20 a.m. September 13 through December 13; No activity on November 22 . Masks are required.
Yoga and Meditation
Starting August 30, 2021, join yoga and meditation in-person at 107 Pasquerilla on Mondays and Wednesdays 5:30 to 6:30 p.m. Class is limited to 20 participants. Masks are required for this activity. The instructor, Sima Farage, RYT 200, MBA, CHC, CEE, will guide the class through a blend of yoga and meditation during each one-hour class. Pre-registration is not required. Yoga mats and blocks are available.
No class November 22 & 24
Can't attend class? Watch previously recorded classes at your convenience! Each yoga and meditation class is guided by yoga instructor, Sima Farage, RYT 200, MBA, CHC, CEE. Get your yoga and meditation practice started today.
Weekly Wellness - Strategies to Manage Stress and Enhance Your Well-Being
Join HPW and CAPS staff Tuesdays from 2:00-3:00 p.m. on Zoom. You can talk with a professional about all thing's college life, from conflict resolution to navigating COVID-19, to sleep.
Drop-in groups are open to all enrolled students and operate on the assumption that attendance is self-initiated. To maintain confidentiality of all attendees, CAPS does not confirm attendance and will not allow screenshots of the group to be taken as a method for doing so.
Join us on Wednesdays at 4:00 p.m. this fall semester in 124 Findlay Commons. These interactive activities are facilitated by HealthWorks Peer Educators and begin on September 8 through December 8. Join HealthWorks Peer Educators to learn and practice strategies that will enhance your well-being. Activities include stress relief through art, music and mindfulness.
- October 20 - Travel calmly in your daily commute. Students will explore how to reduce stress in their daily travels through discussion and activities.
- October 27 - Eat well, be well. Students will explore the relationship between food, eating, and, calm.
- November 3 - Doodle to De-Stress. Students will use doodling and coloring as a strategy to decrease stress.
- November 10 - Create happiness. Students will learn various methods to create happiness.
- November 17 - Free your mind. Students will learn various methods to calm and clear their minds.
- December 1 - Unplug Digital Detox. Students will learn various methods to unplug and take a break from social media/technology.
- December 8 - Design a Sleep Oasis. Students will understand healthy sleep strategies, design a sleep oasis and participate in a deep belly breathing activity.
Masks are required. We look forward to seeing you at one of our activities.
Stress Management 101
Health Promotion and Wellness has created a short self-guided course to help you manage and reduce your stress. This course will help you:
- develop your understanding of stress and how it impacts your life
- identify your stressors
- develop coping mechanisms, strategies and tools to manage your stress