HPW Events & Programs
Please join us on-site or virtually at the events/programs below:
Weekly Wellness: Strategies to Manage Stress and Enhance Your Well-Being
Join us for a drop-in group which focuses on all things college life, from conflict resolution to navigating COVID-19, to sleep. Join CAPS and HPW staff weekly where you will gain tips and strategies on overall wellness.
Tuesdays 1:00 p.m. - 2:00 p.m. beginning September 15
Click to join on Zoom: https://psu.zoom.us/s/99150579537
Join us every Wednesday at 4:00 p.m during the fall semester. You can attend on-site in 233B HUB or virtually. These interactive activities are facilitated by HealthWorks students.
Here's the line up:
- September 23 - Learn the 5 rules of sound sleep
- September 30 - Experience the relationship between calm and walking
- October 7 - Design a sleep oasis
- October 14 - Learn a different study technique and create a Mind Map
- October 21 - Use art to de-stress
- October 28 - Learn how to allow your mind to be free
- November 4 - Create Happiness
- November 11 - Unplug: Digital Detox
- November 18 - Happy Things and Thank You Notes
Click the Zoom link to attend: https://psu.zoom.us/j/97709012934 After Thanksgiving break we will remain virtual only. We look forward to seeing you at one of our activities! December activities will be posted at a later date. Stay tuned!
Yoga and meditation
No class September 30
The instructor, Sima Farage, RYT 200, MBA, CHC, CEE, will guide the class through a blend of yoga and meditation during each one hour class. Pre-registration is not required. Simply click the link and join in.
Wellness Happy Hour
Do you live in the residence halls? Join us virtually for Wellness Happy Hour every Friday at 4:00 p.m. Learn safe socializing strategies that promote health and well-being to students living in the residence halls and identify campus resources that support your well-being and academic success. Register at least one-hour in advance of starting time. Link to registration: https://psu.zoom.us/meeting/register/tJwof-mqrjkiEtYTaB0IhUykisfTE18YiO-H
- September 4 - Community during COVID
- September 11 - Studying in Res Halls
- September 18 - Let’s Get Physical
- September 25 - Catching Z’s, Getting A’s
- October 2 - Swiped right? Dating during COVID
- October 9 - Making It Through Midterms
- October 16 - Healthy eating in the Residence Halls
- October 23 - Musing Mindfulness
Stress Mini Series
This program is designed to guide you through understanding stress and how it affects you, identifying what causes you stress and learning how to manage it. We will be meeting once every three weeks on Wednesdays at 7:30 p.m. for 60-minute interactive sessions. You can simply click the link and join: https://psu.zoom.us/j/8759051724
- September 23 - Aligning Your Goals and Values - learn how aligning your goals & personal values can reduce stress and participate in a guided imagery meditation.
- October 14 - Mindfulness and Self-care - explore mindfulness and self-care and participate in a breath, sound, body meditation.
- November 4 - Affirmations and Action Planning - create an affirmation and action plan to reduce stress and participate in a loving kindness meditation.
Mindful Making Series
In collaboration with Student Engagement Programs and The Center for Performing Arts, we offer you a Mindful Making Series. Starting September 10, join us for 5-weeks of on-site programming, outdoors. The series will be held from 3:00 p.m. - 4:00 p.m. at Eisenhower Auditorium's Patio Tent.
- September 24 - Self-care box decorating | Students will decorate a self-care box, create a list of items to gather for their box, and write affirmations to share with the group. Students will discuss what self-care means and be guided through a meditation on loving kindness.
- October 1 - Mindful Calligraphy | Students will learn some basic calligraphy lettering and use watercolors to decorate small cards. Using what they learned they will write affirmations on their water colored cards. If they were at previous sessions, they might put these in their self-care box or journal.
- October 8 - Stamp Making | Students will create their own stamps and use it to decorate a small piece of art or postcard to be used to write a compassionate letter to their future self. We will also discuss the benefits of writing as a wellness practice.
Resiliency Workshop Coming soon!
This 4-week resiliency workshop starts October 20th. Interested participants are asked to register by October 16th. Check back soon for details on this workshop.
Stress Management 101
Health Promotion and Wellness has created a short self-guided course to help you manage and reduce your stress. This course will help you:
- develop your understanding of stress and how it impacts your life
- identify your stressors
- develop coping mechanisms, strategies and tools to manage your stress
Get started today by clicking: https://psu.instructure.com/enroll/9AC7RW