Find an Apartment
Welcome to the Off-Campus Student Support Classifieds! We offer this resource to help students find and offer housing, roommates, and personal property.
The Office of Off-Campus Student Support is pleased to announce that we will be launching a new and improved online listing service! The new Living Off Campus website will replace our existing Classifieds page and will offer a more robust and user-friendly experience for the Penn State community as well as area property owners/managers. Penn State's new Living Off Campus website is set to launch on January 23, 2019.
How to Post a Classified
- Log into the site using your Penn State access account or Friends of Penn State account. Create a Friends of Penn State account.
- The Office of Off-Campus Student Support screens all posts before displaying them to the public. Your completed listing will be reviewed, and if your post is approved, it will be displayed on the website until the end date that you selected.
- Your post can be edited, deleted, and renewed before the expiration date.
- You may renew a listing after it expires, but your listing will be reviewed again before posting
- Meet the landlord or property manager and view the apartment.
- Insist on a written lease, and ensure the lease identifies the owner or agent.
- Conduct basic research on the landlord, property owner and unit.
- Be aware of market rates. If a deal sounds too good to be true, it probably is.
- Don't accept a check from a new roommate and pay the money over to someone else for them - you're probably paying the scammer and the original check will eventually turn out to be fake.
- Trust your instincts.