Find an Apartment
Three Helpful Resources for Finding Off-Campus Housing
- Housing Fairs
The Housing Fair is a great resource for students who are deciding whether to live on or off campus, or who are planning to live off campus in the coming year. Penn State students, parents, families, and friends can meet with on-campus housing staff, local landlords, property managers, business, government, and bank representatives in one location.
The Housing Fair is not a place for students to sign leases or feel any pressure to do so. It is an opportunity to ask questions and learn about local options.
Students who determine moving off campus is the best decision for them can schedule tours with the landlords and property managers at the fair.
Housing Fair Dates
- Sunday, October 13, 2019
- 11:00 a.m. - 4:00 p.m.
- Alumni Hall, HUB Robeson Center
- Saturday, February 8, 2020
- 11:00 a.m. -3:00 p.m.
- Alumni Hall, HUB-Robeson Center
Who Sponsors the Housing Fair?
The Annual Housing Fair is a sponsored by:
- The Office of Off-Campus Student Support (OCSS)
- Off-Campus Student Union (OCSU)
- Council of Commonwealth Student Government (CCSG)
- One-on-one Consultations
Whether you need help deciding whether living off campus is right for you or need assistance in finding that great place to live, the Off-Campus Student Support office can work with you to help you navigate your options.
To schedule a one-on-one meeting with a trained peer advisor or a member of our professional staff, contact us at OffCampus@psu.edu.
- Meet the landlord or property manager and view the apartment.
- Insist on a written lease, and ensure the lease identifies the owner or agent.
- Conduct basic research on the landlord, property owner and unit.
- Be aware of market rates. If a deal sounds too good to be true, it probably is.
- Don't accept a check from a new roommate and pay the money over to someone else for them - you're probably paying the scammer and the original check will eventually turn out to be fake.
- Trust your instincts.