Find an Apartment
Welcome to the Off-Campus Student Support Classifieds! We offer this resource to help students find and offer housing, roommates, and personal property.
How to Post a Classified
- Log into the site using your Penn State access account or Friends of Penn State account. Create a Friends of Penn State account.
- The Office of Off-Campus Student Support screens all posts before displaying them to the public. Your completed listing will be reviewed, and if your post is approved, it will be displayed on the website until the end date that you selected.
- Your post can be edited, deleted, and renewed before the expiration date.
- You may renew a listing after it expires, but your listing will be reviewed again before posting
- Meet the landlord or property manager and view the apartment.
- Insist on a written lease, and ensure the lease identifies the owner or agent.
- Conduct basic research on the landlord, property owner and unit.
- Be aware of market rates. If a deal sounds too good to be true, it probably is.
- Don't accept a check from a new roommate and pay the money over to someone else for them - you're probably paying the scammer and the original check will eventually turn out to be fake.
- Trust your instincts.
Other Places to Look for Housing:
- Bulletin boards around campus (HUB, Pattee Library, Boucke Building, etc.)
- Centre Daily Times Classifieds
- Chamber of Business & Industry of Centre County, 131 South Fraser Street
- Bellefonte Chamber of Commerce (maintains a list of Bellefonte property managers and landlords)
- Classifieds Bargain Sheet (every Thursday)
- The Collegian (when school is in session)
- Yellow pages under Apartments/Realtors
Online Housing Search Engines:
- Adobo Apartments
- Apartment Guide
- College Rentals
- Penn State Craiglist
- Rent College Pads
- Rent to Own Labs
- StateCollege.com - Apartment Guide
The Pennsylvania State University makes no representation whatsoever regarding the housing, roommates, or personal property listed through these classified advertisements. Students are responsible for inspecting the property and negotiating lease terms with any landlord.
The Pennsylvania State University has not inspected or investigated these listings, roommates, or landlords and is not endorsing any specific properties, roommates, or landlords for students by these listings. The Pennsylvania State University disclaims any responsibility, among other things, for the condition of any premises, terms of any lease, treatment by any landlord or roommate, or compliance with any applicable local zoning ordinances.
The Pennsylvania State University supports local, state, and federal fair housing laws and regulations.