The “Toilet Paper” and The “Elevator Pitch"
The Toilet Paper & The Elevator Pitch
The HUB Marketing Office produces a weekly, full-color publication called The Toilet Paper and The Elevator Pitch.
Content for these publications is submitted by staff, student organizations, and readers. They feature news and events in and around Penn State for the upcoming week.
These publications are distributed throughout the HUB-Robeson Center. The weekly publication is displayed in plastic holders attached to the inside of the restroom stall doors and in the elevators. (Hence the catchy names!) New editions are generally in place on the weekends.
The HUB-Robeson Center has over 40,000 visitors daily, so use The Toilet Paper and The Elevator Pitch to reach this population and publicize your upcoming events.
The deadline for submissions is on Thursdays at 5:00 p.m., the week prior to publication.
The text should be limited to 100 words or less. You may also include a supporting photo or logo of at least 300 dpi in one of the formats listed in the box on the right.
Ad submissions should be 6.4 inches wide and 3.6 inches tall (1920 pixels by 1080 pixels) in the landscape/horizontal orientation. They should be at least 300 dpi in one of the formats listed.
Summer Publication Schedule
During the summer semesters, The Toilet Paper and The Elevator Pitch are published every other week, with publishing deadlines on Wednesdays at 12:00 noon.
Summer Session 2019:
- Issue 1: May 5 – May 18 (ads due Wednesday, May 1)
- Issue 2: May 19 – June 1 (ads due Wednesday, May 15)
- Issue 3: June 2 – June 15 (ads due Wednesday, May 29)
- Issue 4: June 16 – June 29 (ads due Wednesday, June 12)
- Issue 5: June 30 – July 13 (ads due Wednesday, June 26)
- Issue 6: July 14 – July 27 (ads due Wednesday, July 10)
- Issue 7: July 28 – August 10 (ads due Wednesday, July 24)
- Issue 8: August 11 - August 24 (ads due Wednesday, August 7)
Things to note:
- The Toilet Paper and The Elevator Pitch will resume weekly publications the week of August 25 for the Fall Semester. The deadline for submissions is Wednesday, August 21.
- Ad rates for non-RSO's are $75 (beginning with the Fall 2015 semester) to accommodate the additional restrooms and elevators from the HUB Expansion.
Ad rates for non-Recognized Student Organization's are $75 by reservation only.