The “Toilet Paper” and The “Elevator Pitch"
The Toilet Paper & The Elevator Pitch
The HUB Marketing Office produces a weekly, full-color publication called The Toilet Paper and The Elevator Pitch.
Content for these publications is submitted by staff, student organizations, and readers. They feature news and events in and around Penn State for the upcoming week.
These publications are distributed throughout the HUB-Robeson Center. The weekly publication is displayed in plastic holders attached to the inside of the restroom stall doors and in the elevators. (Hence the catchy names!) New editions are generally in place on the weekends.
The HUB-Robeson Center has over 40,000 visitors daily, so use The Toilet Paper and The Elevator Pitch to reach this population and publicize your upcoming events.
The deadline for submissions is on Thursdays at 5:00 p.m., the week prior to publication.
Text should be limited to 100 words or less. You may also include a supporting photo or logo of at least 300 dpi in one of the formats listed in the box on the right.
Ad submissions should be 6.4 inches wide and 3.6 inches tall (1920 pixels by 1080 pixels) in the landscape/horizontal orientation. They should be at least 300 dpi in one of the formats listed.
Summer Publication Schedule
During the summer semesters The Toilet Paper and The Elevator Pitch are published every other week, with publishing deadlines on Wednesdays at 12:00 noon.
Summer Session 2018:
- May 6 - May 19, ads are due by Wednesday, May 2
- May 20 - June 2, ads are due by Wednesday, May 16
- June 3 - June 16, ads are due by Wednesday, May 30
- June 17 - June 30, ads are due by Wednesday, June 13
- July 1 - July 14, ads are due by Wednesday, June 27
- July 15 - July 28, ads are due by Wednesday, July 11
- July 29 - August 11, ads are due by Wednesday, July 25
Things to note:
- The Toilet Paper and The Elevator Pitch will not be published the week of August 12 for the semester break.
- The Toilet Paper and The Elevator Pitch will resume the week of August 19 for the Fall Semester. The deadline for submissions is Wednesday, August 15.
- Ad rates for non-RSO's is $75 (beginning with the Fall 2015 semester) to accommodate the additional restrooms and elevators from the HUB Expansion.
Ad rates for non-Recognized Student Organization's are $75 by reservation only.