Visit Penn State
Getting to/from Penn State
Traveling to campus? Assisting your student in making travel plans for break? Interested in your student’s local transportation options? Familiarize yourself with transportation, travel, and lodging in and around State College.
PLEASE NOTE: The Parents Program provides the following information to assist families. Although we strive to provide useful and accurate information, we cannot guarantee the quality of services provided, pricing, availability, or the accuracy of information provided on websites to which we refer.
University Park and the surrounding areas are popular places to visit and stay, especially on event weekends. Reserve accommodations early, especially for busy weekends including move-in and move-out, football games, Parents & Families Weekend, and Commencement.
- Penn State's hotel: The Penn Stater
- Happy Valley Adventure Bureau
- Bellefonte Lodging (30 minutes)
- Altoona Lodging (45 minutes)
- Fullington Trailways (814) 238-1100
- Greyhound (814) 238-7971
- Megabus 1-877-462-6342 or e-mail: Inquiries@megabus.com
- Most services pick up and drop off on or close to campus, and operate at reasonable prices.
- Charter Buses to New England - arranged by the New England Alumni Chapters
PLEASE NOTE: Bus routes are being updated regularly, with trips being added and removed. The individual websites provide the most up-to-date information.
Amtrak Train Stations
PLEASE NOTE: Trains are not available directly to or from State College, but Greyhound bus service is available to and from all three stations.
- University Park Airport (local)
- Williamsport Regional Airport (1 hour)
- Harrisburg Airport (1.5 hours)
- Elmira Corning Regional Airport (2.5 hours)
- Pittsburgh International Airport (3.5 hours)
- Philadelphia International Airport (3.5 hours)
- Baltimore/Washington International Airport (3.5 hours)
- Dulles International Airport, Washington, D.C. (4 hours)
- Ronald Reagan Washington National Airport, Washington, D.C. (4 hours)