Smoking Cessation Resources
The Freedom From Smoking® Program
The Freedom From Smoking® Program is a free, eight-week program to help students quit smoking and remain smoke-free. The program, offered by Health Promotion and Wellness, is facilitated by a health educator who has been trained by the American Lung Association.
Each week, a new module helps students address a different aspect of the quitting process, including learning stress management techniques, what to do when a craving strikes, controlling your weight while quitting, and much more. Students are also encouraged to build a support system throughout the program to help guide their journey to becoming smoke-free.
The Freedom From Smoking® Program is free to all Penn State students.
Begin Your Journey
For additional information, or to schedule your first appointment, contact Health Promotion and Wellness at 814-863-0461, or schedule online through myUHS.
Additional Smoking Cessation Resources at Penn State
University Health Services offers individual consultation to students who wish to quit smoking. Consultations are facilitated by a health care provider during a regular medical exam.
- During your appointment, you will be encouraged to set a quit date in writing.
- If the clinician believes additional assistance is necessary, he or she may suggest various cessation products available through the University Health Services pharmacy.
- There is a basic exam fee for the appointment, as well as for cessation products. Please inquire with University Health Services for more information.
- Schedule an appointment
National Smoking Cessation Resources
- PA Free Quit Line: 1-800-LUNG-USA
- National Cancer Institute's Quit Line: 1-877-44U-QUIT, or LiveHelp instant message service
- Clinical Outcomes Group (Free individualized phone and email service) 1-800-264-1290
- Quit Start App - http://smokefree.gov/apps-quitstart
- Smokefree TXT - http://smokefree.gov/smokefreetxt