Student Affairs Research & Assessment
Penn State Student Affairs Research and Assessment (SARA) seeks to evaluate and improve the student experience and the educational outcomes of students by providing data relevant to Student Affairs, the academic colleges, and the Commonwealth Campuses. To accomplish this, we coordinate and assist in the development of a broad range of assessment and evaluation efforts, including:
- Designing and administering Penn State PULSE and other new and recurring surveys
- Conducting surveys, focus groups/interviews, and other assessment methods upon request
- Providing consulting services to offices/units related to assessment projects (e.g., survey development, data analysis)
- Assisting in the creation of cocurricular learning outcomes
- Evaluating Student Affairs educational programming
SARA supports the mission of Student Affairs and the University by serving as a leader in gathering actionable data that inform decision-making, planning, and improvement efforts around programs, initiatives, and policies.