Planning an Event at the Pasquerilla Spiritual Center
Our facilities can accommodate a variety of groups and functions with a multitude of spaces to suit diverse needs, such as worship services, meetings, programs, conferences, recitals, seminars, etc. Our largest space can hold 750 people.
IMPORTANT NOTE: If Penn State Recognized Student Groups are requesting UPAC funding for an event, you must first contact the Program Registration Office in 125-A HUB-Robeson Center for funding approval before scheduling space for an event.
If you are interested in having your wedding at the Pasquerilla Spiritual Center, visit our wedding website.
- When to Make a Reservation
Please contact us to discuss your needs. Depending on the nature of the event, reservations for space may be made up to one year in advance. Please note that worship services take precedence over other events.
- How to Reserve Space
To reserve a space in The Pasquerilla Spiritual Center, please visit the online reservations page.
Please note: To schedule space in The Pasquerilla Spiritual Center, the HUB-Robeson Center, Paul Robeson Cultural Center, or classrooms, you will need to create an account in CollegeNet. Click the link to the registrar page for more information about using CollegeNet.
You will need the following information for your reservation:
- Student Organization/Department name
- Authorized requester's name, mailing address, phone, and e-mail address
- Contact person's name (Person in charge of the event)
- Date(s) of event
- Anticipated attendance
- Start and end time of the event
- Pre-access and post access time
- Type of space requested
- Title and description of the event
- Indicate if food is to be served, and by whom
- Room and/or audio visual set-up needs
- Event Contracts
Whether you are a Penn State Recognized Student Organization, University department, or public entity holding an event in the Pasquerilla Spiritual Center/Eisenhower Chapel, Penn State requires that you/your group complete a contract (i.e. Speaker; Master Agreement; Vendor; Disc Jockey; or Lighting, Stage and/or Sound) through the Center for Spiritual and Ethical Development if you/your group intend to include any service providers (Guest speakers, Sound technicians, Performers, etc).
Contract requirements include paid and non-paid visitors. Contracts may also take longer for student groups when UPAC funding is involved and/or Associated Student Activities approval is needed.
Religious/Spiritual groups may be exempt from the completion of a Speaker contract. Groups who bring in their Bishop, another priest, someone from a synod, or any other religious/spiritual leaders associated with their local or national organization who provide financial support for their student organization will not be required to complete the Speaker contract unless the religious/spiritual student organization is paying for travel, lodging, food, etc. Please contact the center staff prior to the event to discuss whether or not this exemption applies to your event.
Types of Contracts / Agreements
- Lighting, Stage, and Sound
- Master Agreement (artist/musician, actor/actress, or performers)
- Vendor (commercial activity, sales and/or promotions, fund-raising activities including sale of products the student organization does not own)
- Disc Jockey (DJ)
- IMPORTANT NOTES:
- If you represent a Student Organization and will feature a performance by an artist/musician, actor/actress, disc jockey, distinguished speaker or any other type of entertainment at a campus building other than the Pasquerilla Spiritual Center-Eisenhower Chapel, you will need to schedule an appointment through the Program Registration Office in 125A HUB-Robeson Center to complete the required contracts.
- Any reservations that require University contracts need to be submitted at least six weeks in advance. If reservations requiring these services are received with a minimum of less than four weeks' notice, contracts may be refused due to time constraints, staffing restrictions, and/or other limitations.
- If you have any questions, please contact the Center for Spiritual and Ethical Development to make an appointment to discuss the contract process.
- Confirmation Process
Once your request has been approved, you will receive a confirmation from the Center for Spiritual and Ethical Development staff via email. The confirmation will show reservation status of "confirmed" or "tentative." The person who initiated the request is responsible for reviewing and verifying the confirmation for any special, additional notes from the staff. If the status of your request is tentative, you will need to email the center with requirements for set up, audio/visual, special permission, and any additional needs (i.e., extension cords, easels, flip charts, etc.). For reservation conflicts, staff will follow up with the room requestor to identify or discuss other potential options.
After your reservation has been made, the center will send you a confirmation via email. You will not receive confirmation until we have all of the necessary set-up information. If we do not receive the confirmed details of your event by the date indicated on your reservation, preferably one-week prior to the event, your space could be cancelled and booked by another organization.
- Internet & Video Projection Needs
Special arrangements for internet connections and computer connections to video projectors must be made 2 weeks prior to the event to ensure that ample time is available to connect, configure, and test equipment. Special set-up arrangements may not be available on the day of your event. The center reserves the right to refuse the request. Please see the Rental Fees page for a list of available AV equipment and rates. Teleconferencing is not available.
- Cancellations or Charges
If you need to alter or cancel your reservations, the room requestor who initiated the request is responsible for making those changes and/or cancelling the reservation. Please note: Changes or cancellations with less than 24 hours notice will result in charges.
- Day of the Event
On the day of your event, come to the main office and introduce yourself to the staff. We can then make sure that the room is unlocked and you have what you need. We value you and want to facilitate your plans for a successful event in the Pasquerilla Spiritual Center/Eisenhower Chapel. The success of your event depends on both of us.