Case management is a free service offered to all Penn State students. This service is designed to enhance student care and help students manage their mental and physical health needs. Every individual has different needs and we are here to help with any issues that may be hampering the achievement of a student’s academic, social, or long-term goals.
Case Managers offer support on a wide range of topics:
- Navigating University and community resources
- Exploration of mental health concerns such as:
- Problems within your family or personal relationships
- Anxiety and depression
- Sexual, physical, or emotional abuse
- Academic stress
- Alcohol or drug use
- Financial concerns
- Help with understanding your insurance and related costs
- Research options for prescription medication costs
- Research options for the costs of necessary immunizations
- Referrals to providers in the community
- Help managing multiple or complex medical needs
- Referrals to therapists and/or psychiatrists
- Community referrals for uninsured students
- Applying for government programs to help with health care costs
The goal of case management is to optimize student functioning by addressing concerns on an individual basis. We specialize in addressing issues pertaining to access to quality care, appropriate utilization of resources, and coordination of care. Our case manager is also available if you just need to talk about your concerns and formulate a plan of action.
Contact Case Management
We invite you to contact us if you feel that Case Management services might be beneficial to you.
Schedule an appointment online through myUHS, or call the UHS appointment line at 814-863-0774.