Our goal to facilitate community tennis programming continues to be a high priority for Campus Recreation. Your support allows for our clay courts to receive maintenance, and indoor facility hours to remain abundant. Please review some of the options below to meet your tennis needs.
Lessons, Camps and Training
- Junior Development
The Penn State Tennis Center offers tennis lessons for juniors ages 4-17. The programs emphasize proper fundamentals with strokes, footwork, and ball control along with specific social skills focusing on good sportsmanship and proper tennis etiquette.
- 10-and-under Camp
The 10 and Under Summer Camp is for kids between the ages of 6 and 10 and will use red and orange low-compression tennis balls. This camp is for beginner/intermediate kids who are relatively new to tennis.
- Competitive Training Camp
The Competitive Training is for kids between the ages of 11 and 17 and will use green-dot and yellow tennis balls. This camp is for intermediate/competitive players looking to improve on technique and strategy.
- Tournament Training
Tournament training is offered year round except for eight weeks during the summer for junior players between the ages of 8 and 17. This group is for advanced players looking to compete regularly in U.S. Tennis Association (USTA) tournaments. In order to qualify, a player must have won at least one match at a sanctioned USTA tournament.
- Penn State Affiliates
- Faculty/Staff ANNUAL $286.00 MONTHLY $44.00
- PSU/UP Retiree ANNUAL $286.00 MONTHLY $44.00
- Junior ANNUAL $286.00 MONTHLY $44.00
- Family (Up to 4 People) ANNUAL $820.00
- Non-Penn State Affiliates
- Adult ANNUAL $420.00 MONTHLY $62.00
- Junior ANNUAL $286.00
- Family (Up to 4 People) ANNUAL $999.00
Private Instruction & Clinics
Please call to learn about our private and small group instruction availability.
- Private Lesson Rates
- Tennis Director - Member $65 / Non-Members $75
- Head Professional / Penn State Coach - Member $55 / Non-Member $65
- Assistant Instructor - Member $53 / Non-Member $63