Welcome to Campus Recreation
With so many recreation opportunities, you can stay fit, have fun, reduce stress, learn a new sport, or explore the outdoors. The Penn State student fee gives you access to most of our recreation spaces so find your challenge and get moving.
We are thrilled to announce that we are able to open the IM Building on Friday, September 25th for our students. Due to our efforts for de-densification and capacity limits we will open for students only at this time. Each day will be divided into reservable workout time slots – with a capacity for about 200 students in each slot. Our new Reservation System is key in helping you get your workout in and keep our facilities as safe as possible.
We now have a Reservation System for all open facility areas – here are some highlights:
• To register for a workout session simply connect to the Campus Recreation Web Portal and click on the orange reserve your workout button – each area and the equipment available will be listed out to help guide you
• Follow these simple instructions on Video or via PDF link to learn more about how to register and cancel your session
• Registration for activity areas will adhere to strict capacity limitations and indoor facilities will be cleared at the end of each activity session
Find everything you need about how to manage the IM Building reservations and different areas in this short informative video about our opening.
As with the rest of campus, students working out are required to wear a mask for the duration of their time in the facility. Additionally, equipment has been spaced out to promote plenty distancing between you and others while working out. Do your part by maintaining at least 6 ft. of distance between you and others in walkways and common areas of the IM Building.
We are all in this together – please help us stay open by following these Shared Responsibilities
• Wear your mask
• Stay socially distanced
• Clean your equipment before & after use
• Wash your hands frequently
• Bring your towel and water bottle
We are so excited to see you – Welcome Back
Penn State Campus Rec App
Our new app to make reservations and building access as streamline as possible is here. Penn State CRec is a direct link to our classes, programs, and reservation portal to help you manage reservations, set notifications for upcoming classes or programs, gain access to facilities via contactless barcode scanning and more. Simply go to your favorite app store (iOS and Google) and download Penn State Campus Rec and you’ll be on your way to the easiest way to stay up to date and connected with us.
A picture ID and valid Campus Recreation Membership are required for admission. Hours are subject to change. All changes will be posted in the affected facility.