Parents & Families Resources
Resources for Parents & Families
The Parents Program connects you with resources necessary to support your student. Most of the answers can be found on this website. In some cases, we will link out to another website with more detailed information.
The Parents Program communicates regularly with parents and families about what's happening with your student, opportunities and events on campus, and available resources.
New Family Fridays
Join us for New Family Fridays, a summer series of events to share resources, answer questions, and welcome new families to the University Park campus from 12:00 – 3:00 p.m.* from June 12 – August 7.
- 12:00 - 1:00 p.m. - Guest Speaker Presentation
- 1:00 - 3:00 p.m. - Open Office Hours (Staff available to answer questions about Penn State and your student's transition)
No reservations are needed. Two ways to connect: see instructions below.
- JUNE 12 - Summer Session/LEAP (Recording)
- JUNE 19 - Academic Advising (Recording)
- JUNE 26 – Student Affairs Advocacy Units (Recording)
- JULY 3 - Penn State Learning (Recording)
- JULY 10 – Counseling and Psychological Services (CAPS)
- JULY 17 – Get Involved as a Penn State Parent
- JULY 24 – Student Engagement
- JULY 31* - International Families
- AUGUST 7 - Lingering Questions
Can’t make it on a Friday? Sessions will be recorded and shared at a later date. Click on "recording" after the session name to view.
*July 31 event for international families: 9:00 a.m. – 12:00 p.m. EST
Connect by Phone:
+1 646 876 9923 (US Toll)
+1 301 715 8592 (US Toll)
+1 312 626 6799 (US Toll)
+1 669 900 6833 (US Toll)
+1 253 215 8782 (US Toll)
+1 346 248 7799 (US Toll)
Meeting ID: 961 0384 7815
See box below for international connection information.
For international phone numbers, please click the link below.
When prompted, enter the meeting ID: 961 0384 7815 and password: 413780
The Parent & Family Experience is a portal designed to provide the information you need on whatever device you use.
- Campus news and events, and timely, relevant information keeps you connected and focused on supporting your student's success
- Visit the portal to explore what's happening
- Personalize your experience by selecting what you want to know and how often you want to receive emails
- Email alerts notify you of important deadlines and information
- Share opportunities and news with your student via email or social media
New families will receive an email inviting you to join the portal and personalize your experience. If you do not receive an email. we may not have your address. Please visit the Parent & Family Experience portal to sign up.
The Guide provides valuable resource information for new and continuing Penn State parents with students attending University Park campus. It features academic, cocurricular, and student support services information as well as a checklist for new parents. New families will receive a copy at New Student Orientation.
Advice and experiences shared by current Penn State parents and families. Updated regularly with new posts from our Parents Council members.