Skip to main content
Get Urgent Help

Campus Recreation allows for rental of its facilities. These options include White Building, McCoy Natatorium, The Tennis Center, Outdoor Recreation Fields and the Stone Valley Recreation Area.

Penn State Student Organizations & Departments, and External Groups

  • Cabins, Lodges & Pavilions: Stone Valley Recreation Area
  • Vertical Adventures: Adventure Recreation
  • Pools: McCoy Natatorium
  • Tennis Courts: Tennis Center

Penn State Student Organizations & Departments ONLY

  • Gymnasiums & Rooms: White Building
  • Recreation Fields: Bigler Field, Park Ave Fields, West Campus Fields

Pools: McCoy Natatorium (rates are per hour unless otherwise noted)

(info provided by Nick Petrone)

  • Building Charge: $295
  • Outdoor Pool Rental: $200 entire pool, or $25 per lane (long course)
  • Indoor Pool Rental: $80 entire pool, $16 per lane, $65 diving well
  • Timing System & Equipment for one course: $26
  • Timing System Operators: $16
  • Sound System: $75 per day
  • Birthday Parties - Spring & Fall (includes lifeguard & classroom): $125


Tennis Courts: Tennis Center

Rental of the entire indoor complex is available during the indoor season on Friday & Saturday evenings.

  • Contract fees:
  • Booking Fee: $100.00
  • Set up Fee: $100.00
  • Outdoor rental: $75.00 per hour
  • Indoor rental: $125.00 per hour
Rental Options

Cabins: Stone Valley Recreation Area

(policies/rates currently being re-written, ALL details need to be verified)


Reservations are accepted beginning the first business day after January 1 for that current calendar year. Cabin Rentals are available year round. A Boat Rental Package is available with Cabin Rentals: Canoes and Rowboats ($30.50 for 48 hrs, $70.50 weekly).

Peak Events: Arts Festival, PSU Football Weekend Rentals, Antlered Deer & Trout Seasons

Off-Season: January, February, and March

PSU Football Weekend Rentals must include Friday & Saturday nights and must be paid in full by May 31. If you need to cancel a football reservation; a full refund is only available if the cabin can be re-rented for that weekend.

11 Bunk Cabins (4 and 6 beds) are located adjacent to a central wash house with flush toilets, showers and potable water.

  • Bunk Cabins includes: electricity, wall-mounted gas furnace, 2 bunk beds with twin mattresses, a full-size refrigerator, 2-burner electric hot plate, water jug, dresser, table & chairs, charcoal grill, picnic table and a bench

Cabin 12 (the Boathouse) is located across the lake from the public use side and has outhouse facilities only; shower facilities are across the lake.

  • Cabin 12 includes: electricity, 3 single and 1 double bed, a kitchen area with a full-size refrigerator, oven and microwave, a deck that overlooks the lakewater jug, dresser, table & chairs, charcoal grill, picnic table and a bench

All Cabins:

  • not provided: pillows, bed linens (twin), cooking & eating utensils
  • suggested additional items to bring: flashlights, lawn chairs, camp lights and charcoal
  • No RV's, campers, or tents allowed.
  • Stone Valley Rules & Regulations LINK
Pavilions and Lodges

Lodges & Pavilions: Stone Valley Recreation Area

Civil Engineering Lodge (C.E.Lodge) is located across the lake from the public use area and provides accommodations for a wide variety of group events, including conferences, workshops, retreats, wedding receptions, family reunions and group picnics. The lodge can accommodate 100 people with tables and chairs, and often larger groups use the porch and surrounding grounds.

  • large meeting room with hardwood floors and stone fireplace, smaller meeting room
  • commercial kitchen, inside and outside restrooms
  • small covered pavilion, fire circle, dock, sand volleyball court
  • Overnight accommodations include 12 cabins, each with 4 sets of bunk beds for 6 guests. These cabins do not have heat or electricity. Shower facilities are across the lake.
  • No RV's, campers, or tents allowed.


Mineral Industries Picnic Pavilion (M.I.Pavilion) is located on the public use side of the lake and is available for rental April through October and provides covered seating for groups as large as 80 persons. Additional seating is available in the surrounding picnic area.

  • electricity, grill, fire circle, sand volleyball court
  • nearby restroom facilities with flush toilets, potable water and showers


Experimental Forestry Lodge (Forestry Lodge) is a beautiful, cabin-style facility located in Penn State's Forest approximately 10 miles from the Stone Valley Recreation Area. It is perfect for a faculty retreat, department picnic or club meeting. Indoor features include cathedral ceilings, hardwood floors, a large stone fireplace, large porch, full kitchen and bathroom facilities. Outside you'll find a large covered porch, picnic tables, a barbecue pit, a gas grill and miles of trails. This lodge is available for rental May through October and can comfortably accommodate 50 people for picnic-type gatherings and 30 for indoor, sit-down meetings.

(additional details needed: overnight stays or only daily? parking for ?# of cars, bathroom inside?, grass space for yard games?, etc)

IM Building

Please fill out the contact form below for submission to rent any of the IM Building's space. Please know that there are considerations that might require more information.

White Building

Gymnasiums & Rooms: White Building

Requesting Practice or Special Event space in the White Building:

  • To request Weekly Practice space throughout the semester, you must be a registered Penn State Student Organization. Please click on the link below and fill out the form and email it to the White Building Coordinator, Nick Petrone, at
  • Please fill out the pdf below. The document must be completed with your name at the bottom where it says signature.
  • To request space for a Special Event here in the White Building, you must be a registered Penn State Student Organization. You must fill out the "Student Program Registration and Facility Request Form" from either the 125 HUB Events office, or outside of office 139 in the White Building. Fill the form out and get it signed by the HUB administrator in 125 HUB. Bring the form to 139 White Building, and we will get back to you on whether it can be scheduled or not.