Fitness & Wellness Personal Training
Whether you’re just starting your fitness journey or you’re looking to change up your routine Penn State personal trainers are waiting to serve you. Let Penn State personal trainers guide you through a program specifically designed and tailored to achieving your goals. Our trainers will provide education, direction, and motivation to the Penn State community through safe, fun, and effective training habits. WE ARE…PENN STATE!
For enrollment, please contact the Personal Training Coordinator at email@example.com or call 814-863-1858
- Step 2
If you answered "YES" to one or more questions on the PAR-Q or have any type of medical condition that would prevent you from beginning an exercise program, you would need to have your physician complete a Clearance for Exercise form. If you have any questions regarding the PAR-Q or obtaining a Clearance for Exercise form, please contact the Personal Training Coordinator at firstname.lastname@example.org.
• Obtain Medical Clearance if necessary
- Step 3
If you answered "NO" to all the PAR-Q questions and have no medical conditions that limit or prevent you from beginning an exercise program, go to our purchasing page and select Personal Training to purchase the package that works best for you.
- Step 4
After paying for your personal training package, the Personal Training Coordinator will contact you within 2 business days to establish your desired training days and times. This information will be used to pair you with a trainer based on mutual availability.
- Step 5
Your Personal Trainer will contact you to verify your first training session.
You will need to bring your completed Personal Training Packet.
Your Personal Trainer will review your packet; discuss your goals, expectations related to personal training, and how your customizable program will help you along your fitness journey!
- Be sure to wear clothes that allow for freedom of movement for all training sessions.
- Personal Training Policies
- You will be provided with a personal trainer based on schedule/availability at the facility of your choice. Sessions will be conducted at that facility for the duration of your package unless approved by the Personal Training Coordinator.
- All posted gym rules and regulations need to be followed. These rules and regulations can be found in each facility.
- Please arrive with appropriate attire which allows for freedom of movement.
- In the event of a schedule conflict, Penn State Campus Recreation Personal Training reserves the right to transfer you to a different trainer for your session(s).
- The Personal Training Coordinator will contact you, within 2 business days via your PSU email account in order to pair you with a trainer.
- Payments are to be made prior to first meeting with a trainer.
- The Personal Training Coordinator will track all paid session(s).
- Any training sessions that are not used CAN BE rolled over to the next semester. Any sessions not used are non-refundable.
- All sessions are expected to begin on time and will last 60 minutes. The trainer will wait for 15 minutes past the scheduled start time. If you fail to arrive, it will be considered a missed session and will be deducted from your package total.
- Only personal trainers that are affiliated with Penn State Campus Recreation - Fitness and Wellness, are permitted to conduct sessions within our facilities.
- It is your responsibility to notify your trainer of any injuries not previously disclosed, past or present, which you may impact your training.
- We require a 24-hour notice of cancellation. Failure to notify the Personal Training Coordinator or Trainer will result in forfeiture of your session(s). The session(s) WILL BE deducted from your package total.