Skip to main content
Get Urgent Help


Should I Vote in Pennsylvania or my home state?

College students have the right to register and vote at either their local or permanent address. In fact, you can be registered in more than one state at any given time. For instance, if you register in Pennsylvania you do not need to unregister in your home state. However, it is against the law to vote in more than one place in any given election.

To decide where you should vote, consider where you feel more connected and informed about local issues. College students spend the majority of their year in the town of their educational institution, and it’s perfectly legal and ethical to vote in your college town. You might also consider where it would be easier for you to vote based on the timing of the election as well as the impact of where you vote.

To register online in Pennsylvania, visit the PA Online Voter Registration website. The entire process takes only a few minutes. If you wish to register in another state, you can find the forms to register in your state online at

Not sure if you’re registered? Check your registration status in Pennsylvania or find out your registration status in another state.

Video thumbnail

How do I find my polling place in Centre County?

Some of the most common voting locations for Penn State students are shown below. Students who live in on-campus housing at University Park and are registered to vote in Centre County will vote at the HUB-Robeson Center, except for those living in the White Course Apartments, who will vote at the nearby Weston Community Center. 

If you live off campus, you can find your polling location by entering your address at Vote411

If you need transportation to your polling location, CATA Bus travels throughout State College and the surrounding townships. 


103 HUB-Robeson Center
University Park, PA 16802

Phone: 814-863-4624