OrgCentral helps student leaders manage their organization and keep record of updated members, documents, photos, and more. OrgCentral also holds the most up-to-date list of Student Organizations. Questions can be addressed to the Office of Student Activities at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Technical Support
We have created step-by-step tutorial videos that can help organizations understand some of the key functions of the system. Below you will find brief videos that will walk you through each of these functions. Transcriptions of the videos are available upon request.
- OrgCentral Overview [2:25 minutes]: This tutorial will give you a brief overview of the OrgCentral platform and how you are able to make edits within your organization.
- OrgCentral Rosters [3:49 minutes]: This tutorial will go over how to add members to your organization’s page as well as assign officer positions to members.
- OrgCentral Profile [2:34 minutes]: This tutorial explains how to complete information about your organization in the organization profile, including a description of your organization, meeting times/dates/locations, and social media connections.
- OrgCentral Forms & Documents [3:36 minutes]: This tutorial will show you how to upload documents into your organization’s page, such as your constitution, as well as how to create forms that can be used to collect information.
- OrgCentral News & Photos [3:27 minutes]: This tutorial will explain how to create news articles that can show on the public page and how to upload photos of your organization into your organization’s page.
- OrgCentral Statuses Explained
- Active – Organizations become active by completing yearly trainings and additional requirements. Active organizations are shown in the Organization Directory and have all privileges of a Recognized Student Organization (RSO) such as the ability to reserve space on campus, access funds from the Associated Student Activities Office, and participate in the Office of Student Activities Involvement Fair.
- Frozen – Organizations become Frozen when they do not complete yearly trainings or additional requirements. Common reasons for being Frozen include: not completing the re-registration process, not attending all required trainings, or not completing additional paperwork specific to Dance and Physical Activity organizations. Frozen organizations do not show in the Organization Directory and lose privileges such as reserving space on campus, access to the Associated Student Activities office, and ability to request UPAC funding. To find out why your organization is Frozen and what needs to be completed to be moved to active status, please contact the Office of Student Activities at email@example.com.
- How to Update an Organizational Constitution
An organization is able to update their constitution at any time. Updated constitutions should be uploaded to the Constitution Update Submission for Recognized Student Organizations on OrgCentral to be reviewed by the Office of Student Activities. Once approved, it will be added to the “Documents’ section of OrgCentral.
- How to Add/Replace an Advisor/Co-Advisor in OrgCentral
Many Recognized Student Organizations are required to have an advisor on file in OrgCentral. An organization may update their advisor/co-advisor at any time. Organizations have 30 days to secure a new advisor after an advisor has chosen to no longer be with an organization. To add/replace an advisor/co-advisor:
- The advisor must fill out this advisor approval form. This also must be signed by the advisor’s supervisor.
- The president of the organization can then upload the form to this location for review by the Office of Student Activities
- Once approved, the advisor will be added to the roster to receive communications and official be on file with the Office of Student Activities
- How to Change an Organization’s Name
An organization is able to change their name at any time. Name change submissions are accepted at the Name Change Request for Recognized Student Organizations on OrgCentral to be reviewed by the Office of Student Activities. The Name Change Request will require the organization to include an updated constitution with the updated name reflected throughout. This constitution does not need to also be uploaded to the Constitution Update Submission.
- How to Change the Primary Contact
Whoever completes the re-registration of an organization will automatically become the Primary Contact. The current Primary Contact, President, and Vice President are able to update the Primary Contact. To update/change the Primary Contact:
- In OrgCentral, click the grid in the upper right corner
- Click “Manage” and the organization you would like to update the Primary Contact
- Click on the 3-lined bar on the left side and click “Roster”
- Under “Primary Contact”, click the pencil icon
- There, you can search for current roster members to add them as the primary contact
- How to Update Members
Organizations are able to update members at any time. To update the roster:
- Login to OrgCentral
- Click the grid in the upper right corner
- Click “Manage”
- Click on the organization you would like to update the roster
- Click on the 3-lined bar on the left side
- Click “Roster”
- In the upper right side, click “Invite People”
- Using their PSU email, you can individually invite people to be added to the roster
- Making Officer Positions Visible on the Public Roster
Officers and members of an organization are able to specify if they would like would like to be shown or hidden from the public roster. We encourage all executive board officers to have their positions public as it can be helpful when working with Campus Departments. Treasurers must be shown on the public roster in order to access their ASA account. If an officer is not showing up on the Public Roster:
- Officer should log in to OrgCentral
- Navigate and click on the initial or picture in the upper right corner
- Click “Account”
- Under “My Account”, click “Privacy Settings”
- Scroll down to find the organization in which the officer would like to be show on the Public Roster and toggle the switch to “show”
OrgCentral Event/Meeting Assistance
- Creating an Event/Meeting in OrgCentral
Organizations are now able to create events in OrgCentral! This allows for promotion of your event, and the ability to keep track of attendance for in person events. Go to our OrgCentral Event Submission Guidelines page for more information on how to create an event in OrgCentral.
- Tracking Event/Meeting Check In with OrgCentral
After creating an event/meeting in OrgCentral, your organization has the ability to contactlessly check students into in person events/meetings. This method does satisfy the current need for organizations to keep track of those that attend in person gatherings. Students attending the event/meeting will need to have access to their Event Pass. Instructions on how to access the Event Pass can be found below:
- Those members of the organization checking in students must download the “CampusLabs Check In” app
- After opening the app, it will ask for the Event Code. The Event Code can be found in the “Mange” view of your organization under “Events” – Only those on the roster that have positions with “Event” full access are able to see this Event Code, but any member may use the code to check in students.
- Type in the Event Code. You are now ready to scan student Event Passes to check them in!
- If someone is unable to access their Event Pass, there is a search feature where you can look up students by name or email
- More questions? Check out this help article!
- Downloading the Event Pass
The Office of Student Activities is excited to present Corq, an app from OrgCentral, that will allow for contactless check in for events and meetings across campus. Corq houses your Event Pass. Your Event Pass is a unique code that allows you to quickly check-in to events and meetings happening on campus. Follow the steps below to download Corq, or watch our short video below!
- Download Corq on your mobile device
- Search and select “Penn State University Park”
- Click “Sign In for Exclusive Features” using your Penn State WebAccess email and password
- Find the back arrow to access your main menu. Here you will see “Event Pass”
- If desired, your personalized Event Pass can be downloaded to your phone’s wallet
Check out our Corq Video!