Requirements to Maintain Active Status
The Office of Student Activities is committed to supporting student organizations with a smooth transition from year to year. In this time of remote learning, the office is offering virtual drop-in office hours listed below to help walk through the steps of maintaining recognition, including re-registration through OrgCentral. In order for your organization to remain active with the University, there are several requirements:
- Update your officer and membership information via your Student Organization’s OrgCentral page through re-registration. When managing your organization in OrgCentral, if you have not re-registered, you will see a blue button that will walk you through the process. If your organization does not have this option, you have re-registered for this year and have completed this step. This information must be submitted as soon as the election/selection process is complete.
- Attend Mandatory Officer Training - For Fall 2020, all Mandatory Officer Trainings will be held virtually
Do you have specific questions regarding the re-registration process in OrgCentral? Check out this Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ) page to get your questions answered.
- Re-Registration Help Virtual Office Hours
Date Time Location Wednesday, April 8, 2020 10:00 a.m. – 12:00 p.m.
Meeting ID: 831-829-476
Tuesday, April 14, 2020 1:00 – 3:00 p.m.
Meeting ID: 216-402-786
Thursday, April 23, 2020 11:00 a.m. – 1:00 p.m.
Meeting ID: 388-643-654
Monday, April 27, 2020 2:00 p.m. – 4:00 p.m.
Meeting ID: 989-210-706
Friday, May 8, 2020 9:00 a.m. – 11:00 a.m.
Meeting ID: 709-066-055
Special Requirements for Dance and Physical Activity Organizations
If your organization is categorized as a Dance or Physical Activity organization, there are additional requirements to maintaining yearly recognition. These requirements must be completed by September 14, 2020 in order to remain in active status. For Newly Forming Organizations, the following must be completed within the New Organization Process Timeline:
- Always retain a safety officer(s) (can be students)
- Always retain an instructor(s) (can be students)
- Safety Officer(s) and Instructor(s) must maintain Adult CPR/AED and Standard First Aid certifications from the American Red Cross, American Heart Association, or Emergency Care and Safety Institute
- Submit the following forms to the Office of Student Activities through OrgCentral:
Please reach out to the Office of Student Activities at firstname.lastname@example.org with any questions regarding the requirements above.
Programs for Student Organizations
Programs provided for student organizations include:
Every recognized student organization president receives the President's Listserv email every week which will keep organizations updated as to important upcoming events and announcements.