Requirements to Maintain Active Status
The Office of Student Activities is committed to supporting student organizations with a smooth transition from year to year. In this time of remote learning, the office is offering virtual drop-in office hours listed below to help walk through the steps of maintaining recognition, including re-registration through OrgCentral. In order for your organization to remain active with the University, there are several requirements:
- Update your officer and membership information via your Student Organization’s OrgCentral page through re-registration. When managing your organization in OrgCentral, if you have not re-registered, you will see a blue button that will walk you through the process. If your organization does not have this option, you have re-registered for this year and have completed this step. This must be completed by September 30, 2021.
- Attend Mandatory Officer Training - Moving forward, all Mandatory Officer Trainings will take place via Canvas Module
Do you have specific questions regarding the re-registration process in OrgCentral? Check out this Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ) page to get your questions answered.
Special Requirements for Dance and Physical Activity Organizations
- COVID 19 Updates for Dance and Physical Activity Organizations (as of October 26, 2020)
Please review our letter to Dance and Physical Activity organizations regarding current guidelines around holding in-person gatherings
Typically, Physical Activity and Dance Organizations are required to have Safety Officer/Instructor certifications on file and Participation Waivers complete by the 4th Monday of the Fall Semester. Since our office is unsure of when Dance and Physical Activity organizations will be able to practice/perform in person, we are allowing organizations to not turn in the stated paperwork above until in person practices/performances resume. We are unsure when this will be, and will still require your Safety Officer/Instructor to have the proper certifications before in person practices/performances can occur. Please note this will NOT affect your ability to maintain active recognition in the Fall for the 4th Monday deadline. Once we have a new deadline for this paperwork, we will make sure to reach out. Failure to have complete documents (Instructor/Safety Officer Forms/Participation Waivers) with the new deadline will result in Frozen Status.
- We have received word that due to the circumstances of limited in-person CPR/AED/First Aid trainings, Safety Officers and Instructors may complete the American Red Cross Online certification for the time being. We encourage you to take advantage of the opportunity to complete the online trainings. When in-person programming/practices resume, all Dance and Physical Activity organizations must have Instructors and Safety Officers with a valid certification on file, as well as have all participants complete the participant agreement.
If your organization is categorized as a Dance or Physical Activity organization, there are additional requirements to maintaining yearly recognition. These requirements must be completed by September 30, 2021 in order to remain in active status. For Newly Forming Organizations, the following must be completed within the New Organization Process Timeline:
- Always retain a safety officer(s) (must be students)
- Always retain an instructor(s) (must be students)
- Safety Officer(s) and Instructor(s) must maintain Adult CPR/AED and Standard First Aid certifications from the American Red Cross, American Heart Association, or Emergency Care and Safety Institute. Online certifications will be accepted but only from the American Red Cross.
- Submit the following forms to the Office of Student Activities through OrgCentral:
Please reach out to the Office of Student Activities at firstname.lastname@example.org with any questions regarding the requirements above.
Programs for Student Organizations
Programs provided for student organizations include:
Every recognized student organization president receives the President's Listserv email every week which will keep organizations updated as to important upcoming events and announcements.