Requirements to Maintain Active Status
The Office of Student Activities is committed to supporting student organizations with a smooth transition from year to year. In this time of remote learning, the office is offering virtual drop-in office hours listed below to help walk through the steps of maintaining recognition, including re-registration through OrgCentral. In order for your organization to remain active with the University, there are several requirements:
- Update your officer and membership information via your Student Organization’s OrgCentral page through re-registration. When managing your organization in OrgCentral, if you have not re-registered, you will see a blue button that will walk you through the process. If your organization does not have this option, you have re-registered for this year and have completed this step. This information must be submitted as soon as the election/selection process is complete.
- Attend Mandatory Officer Training - For Fall 2020, all Mandatory Officer Trainings will be held virtually
Do you have specific questions regarding the re-registration process in OrgCentral? Check out this Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ) page to get your questions answered.
- Re-Registration Help Virtual Office Hours
Date Time Location Wednesday, April 8, 2020 10:00 a.m. – 12:00 p.m.
Meeting ID: 831-829-476
Tuesday, April 14, 2020 1:00 – 3:00 p.m.
Meeting ID: 216-402-786
Thursday, April 23, 2020 11:00 a.m. – 1:00 p.m.
Meeting ID: 388-643-654
Monday, April 27, 2020 2:00 p.m. – 4:00 p.m.
Meeting ID: 989-210-706
Friday, May 8, 2020 9:00 a.m. – 11:00 a.m.
Meeting ID: 709-066-055
Special Requirements for Dance and Physical Activity Organizations
- COVID 19 Updates for Dance and Physical Activity Organizations (as of September 2, 2020)
Please review our letter to Dance and Physical Activity organizations regarding current guidelines around holding in-person gatherings
Typically, Physical Activity and Dane Organizations are required to have Safety Officer/Instructor certifications on file and Participation Waivers complete by the 4th Monday of the Semester (September 14, 2020). We have been notified that as of now, only online courses are available for the required CPR/AED and First Aid Trainings. Unfortunately, we are still unable to accept online certifications. Since our office is unsure of when Dance and Physical Activity organizations will be able to practice/perform in person, and due to there not being easy accessibility to in person CPR/AED/First Aid trainings in State College, we are allowing organizations to not turn in the stated paperwork above until in person practices/performances resume. We are unsure when this will be, and will still require your Safety Officer/Instructor to have the proper certifications before in person practices/performances can occur. We would encourage your Safety Officers/Instructors to continue to look for in person trainings so they are prepared once we do begin to require the documentation for the Fall. In addition, we are also extending this deadline for Participation Waivers, though still encourage your group to get those in as they aren’t reliant on the CPR/AED/First Aid training. Please note this will NOT affect your ability to maintain active recognition in the Fall for the September 14 deadline. Once we have a new deadline for this paperwork, we will make sure to reach out. Failure to have complete documents (Instructor/Safety Officer Forms/Participation Waivers) with the new deadline will result in Frozen Status.
If your organization is categorized as a Dance or Physical Activity organization, there are additional requirements to maintaining yearly recognition. These requirements must be completed by September 14, 2020 in order to remain in active status. For Newly Forming Organizations, the following must be completed within the New Organization Process Timeline:
- Always retain a safety officer(s) (must be students)
- Always retain an instructor(s) (must be students)
- Safety Officer(s) and Instructor(s) must maintain Adult CPR/AED and Standard First Aid certifications from the American Red Cross, American Heart Association, or Emergency Care and Safety Institute
- Submit the following forms to the Office of Student Activities through OrgCentral:
Please reach out to the Office of Student Activities at email@example.com with any questions regarding the requirements above.
Programs for Student Organizations
Programs provided for student organizations include:
Every recognized student organization president receives the President's Listserv email every week which will keep organizations updated as to important upcoming events and announcements.